We’ve been hearing some buzz about Kratom as a potential alternative option for treating fibromylgia symptoms. Here are 5 facts that we gathered from our online research.
1. Kratom, or the leaves of the mitragyna speciosa tree, has been used for centuries by the indigenous people of several countries in Southeast Asia. Recently, its popularity has grown in the western nations of the world as awareness of the plant and its potential benefits has increased.
2. Kratom is commonly used for pain relief, decreased anxiety, mood enhancement, decreased hypertension, decreased fatigue, increased focus, relief of IBS (irritable bowel syndrom) and increased energy.
3. Kratom effects the brain opioid receptors in a way that is similar to opiates. One of Kratom’s active agents is mitragynine, which may produce the opium-like effects, and also acts as a muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory.
4. Due to its psychoactive effects and concerns about its potential for abuse, Kratom is banned in several countries (Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and Burma) and 4 U.S. states (Tennessee, Indiana, Wisconsin and Vermont). Kratom is legal in the other 46 U.S. states.
5. There are 3 different strains of Kratom, each that produce different effects: white vein, green vein and red vein. White vein is described as a stimulant, green vein is commonly used to treat pain and anxiety, and red vein is touted as a muscle relaxant. Red vein Kratom is also commony used as a self-treatment to recover from opiate addiction.
More information about Kratom and Kratom products available for purchase online is available here: https://www.kratomcapsules.com?acc=a3f390d88e4c41f2747bfa2f1b5f87db
Have you tried Kratom as a fibromyalgia treatment option? If so, please let us know about your experience in the Comments section of our Facebook page.
5 Facts About CBD Hemp Oil and Fibromyalgia: http://try.fibrocbd.com
5 Natural Supplements That May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain: http://info.fibrotoday.com/5-natural-supplements-that-may-ease-fibromyalgia-pain
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. Kratom is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use if you have or suspect a medical condition. If you are under medical supervision, are using anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, diabetes medications, narcotics, blood pressure medication, sedatives, tranquilizers or asthma medication, seek the advice of your healthcare professional prior to use. Do not use if you are pregnant, lactating or under the age of 18 years. Do not take when operating machinery or driving. Keep out of reach of children.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Please, consult your physician.